8/08/2010

Welcome to my Blog!

I discovered a 3 year bible reading plan several years ago, and I have enjoyed reading through the bible at a slower pace. Reading one chapter a day allows me to dig deeper as to what the scripture says.

I am a believer wanting to learn and grow in my daily walk with the Lord. I hope and pray that others will join me in this daily journey - to discern what God has spoken to us through out the ages.

I have found a few bible study methods that may be helpful to some. Please share if you have any other ways to help you study the bible.

Plan A
1. Read the scripture.
2. Ask what God is saying to me.
3. Pray the verses just read as a prayer.
4. Ask again what the scripture says to me.

Plan B
SOAP
Scripture
Observation
Application
Pray

Plan C
Acts 17:11 Berean study " .... They (Bereans) received the message with great eagerness and examined the scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true."
1. Be open minded and willingly receive the word of God when it is taught to you.
2. Check out what is taught by comparing what was learned with scripture.

Good internet links for online bible reading and commentaries include: www.biblegateway.com

No comments: